Saturday, October 6, 2012

Around the World in 80 Plates: Spain (cont)


I have made this delicious Paella about twelve times since I tested it a few months back for Tamasin Noyes' upcoming book, Grills Gone Vegan. The book comes out in early January but it is up for preorder now so why not show her some love and order yourself a copy early and treat yourself for Christmas! 

From what I have read about paella it is from Valencia, a specific region of Spain. This paella is less than traditional, both in cooking method, pan and ingredients. Tami had cooking instructions for both the grill and in the oven but both were cooked in a cast iron pan. I have mostly made it in the oven just for ease and it comes together incredibly quick, quick enough for a weeknight supper. Tami's version is topped with grilled tofu, lemon slices (definite must, it adds so much) and grilled pepper rings. Underneath all that grilled goodness is the most flavourful rice that is studded with Field Roast apple sage sausages. It is a definite showstopper too! I guarantee with one taste you will be in love and savouring what I think should be the new tradition. 




4 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous! I use to love paella and would get it whenever I saw it on a menu. I might have to get Grills Gone Vegan just for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is gorgeous! I love paella, and the inclusion of the lemons sounds really inviting. Plus, the presentation is so pretty with the tofu on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before mofo is over, there are going to be soooo many cookbooks I need to get ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh, Kelly, that is such a fantastic photo! Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete