Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy Spirit Day!

I'm going to take a quick break from my firsts theme to post this picture...


Today is Spirit Day and Mac and I are both wearing purple to show our support. It honestly is breaking my heart reading about young people taking their lives because of being bullied. I remember when I was in school being picked on because I was overweight and how much that stung but I can't even imagine what it is like to be picked on for something you cannot change or is fundamentally part of who you are. I hope that the world will change and we will all learn to be kinder and more compassionate to one another. I hope that because of something as simple as wearing a purple shirt, someone out there that is struggling will know that there people out in the world that care. Happy Spirit Day to everyone out there, be kind to one another, it can make a world of difference!

1 comment:

  1. Love this photo! Such beautiful smiles! I happen to be wearing a purple shirt today, and now I'm especially happy that I am. Kindness is always right.

    ReplyDelete